Article: Comparing paid and free accounts.
One of the key factors in determining how many paid licenses your group needs is what access levels each user should have.
There are six levels of permissions:
- When you choose None*, this Resource cannot view any part of the Project, even his or her assigned tasks.
- A Guest cannot see the overall Project. Their assigned tasks appear on their personal Today page, and are updated there. You can include an unlimited number of Resources with Guest access on your project.
- An Observer can view the Project, but can only the %Complete of tasks to which he or she is assigned, as well as adding documents and comments to the project.
Team/Professional Editions can have an unlimited number of Resources with either Guest or Observer access with anyone who also has a paid edition of Viewpath.
Team Edition users can add up to 2 Observers who are on the free Starter Edition.
Professional Edition users can add up to 5 Observers who are on the free Starter Edition.
In order to assign Editor, Manager or Owner rights, both you and this assigned Resource must be on a paid Edition.
- An Editor can view and edit any Task in the Project and edit the project workdays.
- A Manager has the added ability to view and edit data in the Cost columns, make changes to Resources, add Sprints and Baseline information.
- The Owner level grants full editing rights on tasks and resources.
Note: There is no limit to the number of Guest, Observer, Editor, Manager or Owner access rights a paid user can assign to other paid users.
Aside from permissions, there are specific features only available to users with an upgraded edition. These features include access to costing columns, resource allocation, time sheets, reports, baselines, and constraints. A full comparison of features is available in the Products section of our website at www.viewpath.com.