Article: Importing projects into Viewpath
To import an MS Project or .csv file into Viewpath 3:
- Click on the Projects tab then click on the Import icon.
- Click on "Choose File" then locate the MS Project or .csv file on your computer.
- Click on the Upload button. The system will upload the file. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the file that is being imported.
- Once the file has successfully loaded, click on "OK."
- The file will appear at the bottom of your list of Projects (this will be resorted alphabetically the next time you come to the Projects page.
All relevant data (task name, constraints, assignments, resources, durations, %complete, etc) will be displayed in Viewpath. Simply click on the name of the Project in the list view to open it up.
Import Error? If you are unsuccessful at importing a file, please note these three common errors:
- The file you are importing must have column headers with names that exactly match the following:
- ID (required)
- Name (required)
- Start (required)
- Finish (required)
- Each ID number must be unique
- Ensure there are no blank cells in the required columns (ID, Name, Start, Finish)
You can use the Sample CSV file below to get you started.