Article: Exporting projects to a .mpx file to be opened by MS Project
Viewpath allows you to export MS Projects files:
- Go to the "Projects" tab
- Select a single project
- Click on the Export icon.
- In the dialog box, enter a name for your file
- Click on the "OK" button
The system will export the project in an .mpx file format. This is an older extenstion that was used in MS Projects prior to the release of version 2007 or 2010.
You will be able to open the file in MS Projects. However, if you are using version 2007/2010, you must follow these steps:
- Launch MS Project 2007
- Choose the menu command Tools -> Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Under the heading 'Legacy Formats' choose the radio option 'Prompt when loading files with legacy or non default file format.'
- Click OK to close the Options dialog
- Open the project using File -> Open