Displaying Viewpath in Salesforce
Viewpath Support -
Article: Embedding the Viewpath application in Salesforce
The standard way to access Viewpath via Salesforce is to open a project and click on "Launch Viewpath." This launches a new window where Viewpath is available.
Some organizations prefer to contain the Viewpath application within the Salesforce environment. If you're a Salesforce Admin in your organization, you can create a custom Web Tab for this purpose:
- Go to Setup
- Click on "Create" and choose "Tabs"
- Under "Web Tabs" click on "New"
- Step 1 - Choose "2 columns with salesforce.com sidebar"
- Step 2 - Enter "Viewpath" for label and tab name, choose "Presenter" for Tab Style
- Step 3 - Enter "http://www.viewpath.com" in the "Button or Link URL" text area.
Note: Customer left "Encoding" as "Unicode (UTF-8)" but I don't know if that is significant.
- Step 4 - "Apply one tab visibility to all profiles" = "Default On"
- Step 5 (Add to Custom Apps) - Leave all selected.
- Click on the new "Viewpath" tab.
- Login using Standard Login credentials.
Note: Salesforce users who use the standard "Launch Viewpath" method from the project summary view within Salesforce do not need a separate password for their accounts. However, if you choose to use this custom Web Tab, each user will need to go through a validation process:
- Use the "Launch Viewpath" option
- Open any project and go to the "resources" tab
- Select your name (and the names of any others in your SF Org who will use this feature)
- Click on the "Send Invitation" (envelope) icon
We have a passion for Customer Success - let us know if you have ideas!