Article: Export projects to an .xml file to upload into MS Project
Exporting Microsoft Projects Files from Viewpath
Viewpath allows you to export MS Projects files:
- Go to the "Projects" tab
- Select a single project
- Click on the Export icon.
- In the dialog box, enter a name for your file
- Click on the "OK" button
The .xml file is the generic file format which works across all versions of MS Project, and is the file format they moved to in 2013. Each project has to be exported individually.
You will be able to open the file in MS Projects. However, if you are using version 2007/2010, you must follow these steps:
- Launch MS Project 2007
- Choose the menu command Tools -> Options
- Click on the Security tab
- Under the heading 'Legacy Formats' choose the radio option 'Prompt when loading files with legacy or non default file format.'
- Click OK to close the Options dialog
- Open the project using File -> Open