Creating a Project with Viewpath
Cheryl Wetherington -
Article: Creating a new project
Creating a new Project is simple. On the Home/Projects tab, click on the New Project icon in the toolbar. Or, you can click the "+" tab and select New Project.
A "New Project Settings" wizard will appear:
Simply enter a Name for the Project then click on the Next button.
Viewpath allows you to choose to:
- Create a brand new project - Creates a blank project with no tasks or resources.
- Create a project from an existing project - Creates a copy of an existing project. You can select a new Start Date and choose whether to also duplicate the Resources list from the project.
- Create a project using a template - Creates a copy of a template. You can select a new Start Date and choose whether to also duplicate the Resources list from the template.
Simply select your choices throughout the wizard and click on the "Next" button.
Import Resources: The last step of the New Project wizard, when creating a duplicate of an existing Project or Template, is the "Import Resources" page. You have thee options:
- Import All Resources - imports all Resources from the Template/Project
- Import Assigned Resources - Imports only those Resources assigned one or more tasks within the Template/Project. Resources listed on the Template/Project, but not assigned to any tasks, will not be imported.
- None - Will not import any resources from the Template/Project. The project creator will automatically be listed as the Owner.
When the project is created, it will open in a new tab across the top and display the project contents.
TIP: You can use placeholders in the Resource list on a Template and assign them to individual tasks. When you create a new Project based on that Template, simply change the name and email address in the Resources tab and the assigned tasks will now be assigned to that Resource!
We have a passion for Customer Success - let us know if you have ideas!